COVID-19 Data Collection - Nursing & Midwifery
Health Education England (HEE) has introduced two Clinical Professions – COVID-19 Training Data Tools.
The Nursing and Midwifery Tool, first available from the 24th March and then expanding in scope on 2nd April, supports the collection of details of nursing and midwifery students(excluding first-year undergraduate students). Through this collection, HEIs (Higher Education Institutions) can identify the students eligible and willing to undertake extended paid-placements that help a student progress through their education (by counting as placement hours), while also providing NHS care during this unprecedented period.
The AHP Tool, available from 6th April performs a similar task for AHP students on selected courses; allowing HEIs to account for the status of eligible students and allowing students to opt-in to varying their education programme and undertake paid employment while still progressing with their training.
Through this tool, HEE is collecting key data related to:
- All second and third year undergraduate, and postgraduate students eligible to ‘opt-in’ to the paid placement/employment offers;
- The students – their information, their eligibility, their willingness – to opt-in to the offer;
- National Insurance Numbers to link to ESR, and the temporary professional statutory register as appropriate;
- Details of the current location of students, their interest and their availability to volunteer;
- Details of student preferences;
- Details of agreed deployments for students.
The collection of this data directly enables HEE and partners to connect with students in training, and identify deployments into service that reflect student choice. This data will enable HEE to understand current and future student activity, ensure HEE’s can support HEIs to enable students are able to complete their training in new ways, and plan student activity to support organisations during this unprecedented period of time in the context of COVID-19.